Thursday, June 25, 2015

What's next????

This is such an in-between time in my 68th year of life experience. Not feeling the entrepreneurial push to network and self-promote that was part of the dance of that role for 35 years...I am reading, processing, making art for self-discovery and enjoying it...staying open for opportunities to share.

This is the time of Sage-ing...and what is that? Sage-ing is a conscious aging journey which to me is two fold: life review, life repair, and forgiveness, making peace with my past; and proactive aging, facing my mortality and making practical preparation for end-of-life; so I can live more fully in the present, savoring the moment. Just re-reading Reb Zalman's book, From Age-ing to Sage-ing: A revolutioning approach to growing older, I am called to re-contextualize my life, harvest the wisdom from my life, and share it...and now I ponder...how?

Where do I share what I think is important if I am not "on the road?"  Today a friend shared a delightful quote from Anne Lamott:

“The road to enlightenment is long and difficult and you should try not to forget snacks and magazines.”
 
 
Here's the art that is bubbling up just now. Letting images from my stash of collage material
choose me, creating simple collages on folded 81/2 x 11 cardstock, because it was handy.  I give each a one word title and process by listing the letters of the word vertically down the page, writing a phrase beginning with each letter. This work is flowing from my recent deeper reading in Sage-ing and in the book: Jesus: A pilgrimage by Father James Maring, and The Soul of a Pilgrim: Eight practices for the journey within, by Christine Valtners Painter. Check out her amazing work at www.abbeyofthearts.com
 
                                      

 
And so it begins....Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment