Friday, July 3, 2015

News Flash: Elder not defeated by technology

Just figured out how for you to be able to follow my blog.  Now at the top of the page there is a place to enter your email, a box has you enter the "are you a real person" letters on the screen, then you respond to a verifying email.

We are no longer sure about "No pain, no gain" in the world of exercise but somehow it seems to apply when an elder (my nursing book publisher prefers "older adult") journeys through the e-world.

It is amazing how many words Google can respond to in a search. So...an hour or so, some time last night, some early this morning and I got it!!!!!!!!!!!   Too, this is all is good practice for learning to cope with frustration.

Our son, Erin, is visiting and he is my technology consultant. He is lying on the couch offering suggestions..."You should post that you figured out how people can follow you." (Check!) "You should Tweet and use Instagram. (Yikes! Ok, somewhere I did set up a Twitter account and wonder if I put that password in my list, but what is Instagram anyway? He's on a roll now.)

"You should contact the nursing schools who have adopted your text and try to arrange to speak....how about Hawaii or Aruba?" (Hmmm...now there's an idea. I love the energy and passion of our children and how they really can sleep late, lie on the couch and offer suggestions without coffee.)

AND---here is a photo collage using the app I mentioned in an earlier post. I couldn't figure out how to add the photo that was so big--figured out how to make images smaller.

We were at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, WY.  The text explains  they string bird feathers on fishing line on windows to keep the birds from being injured. I am dazzled by close-up photos of flowers with my camera phone...not so many years ago I wouldn't even have noticed.


No comments:

Post a Comment